The Scarbee Black Bass was recorded with flatwound strings to get the warm
and creamy sound of the 70s disco and funk bass lines, and D.I. to give
maximum flexibility in the sound production. It features an extensive set
of playing techniques (see below).
Black Bass was designed to be very easy to play live. Almost all
articulations can be triggered without any keyswitches. Eg. legato playing
triggers hammer-on and pull-off, legato playing with sustain pedal pressed
triggers slides, fast legato playing triggers grace notes.
* Real-time playable . with the exception of cross hammering and trills all
of the articulations in the list given further below can be triggered without
the need for any keyswitches. Eg. Hammer-on & pull-offs are triggered by
legato playing and fast grace notes by fast legato playing.
* A powerful user interface pushing the Kontakt user interface to its limits:
a fretboard display gives an overview of the playing position and for each
string what fret and articulation (displayed as a unique symbol) that are
used . dynamically updated as you play.
* All four strings sampled.
* Each string is monophonic so new notes abort earlier notes, giving
a perfectly realistic bass.
* Automatic string selection . play and the script selects the most suitable
string for you. Use keyswitches to limit the string choice or to move
the active playing position (placement of left hand). The automatic string
selection is tailor-made to work well with every articulation.
* Automatic alternation of right hand index and middle finger samples (can
also be controlled using keyswitches).
* Convenient keyswitch mode . a keyswitch affects the following note or
remains active as long as it's pressed . making it easy to quickly return
to the default mode of operation.
* Slide mode . play a note legato while holding the sustain pedal pressed
to trigger a slide. The velocity will determine a slide speed anywhere between
60 to 480 bpm. Slides use real interval transitions sampled in three different
speeds for realism and employ a new technique invented by Skarbye/Liberg
to significantly reduce RAM usage. Slides are available for every interval up
to an octave down and up from the current note. It's possible to play multiple
slides consecutively to go up and then down.
* Chord mode . makes it possible for notes to be automatically assigned to
the right strings even if the notes of a chord don't arrive exactly at the same
* Control over release samples . random alternation between more or less tight
(how quickly they are dampened) release samples where the proportion of each can
be controlled by the user. Select a default release type and use a keyswitch to
toggle between the default behaviour and the other type.
* Pickup-hits . randomly inserted where they are most likely to occur in real-
life playing. The user can set the probability of a pickup-hit to occur.
* The sound of Mr. Scarbee's own fingers.
* Bass recorded DI to give you maximum flexibility in the sound production.
* EQ and Effect Presets - direct in the instrument user interface.
* Integrated documentation for all settings . direct in the instrument user
Download File Size:2.53 GB