In this series of After Effects tutorials, we will talk about the steps we take to create this watercolor painting effect project. We begin by using a simple masking technique to reveal the text and drawings that interact with our watercolor paintings. We talk about some of the more technical and tricky aspects of getting this write-on effect looking perfect and all throughout the course, we implement the technique in new and different ways.
We also go over how to combine masking techniques with our very own custom luma mattes to create a painterly effect that we apply to our watercolor images. Once we have a couple different variations of our watercolors, we talk about other effects we can apply to the base watercolor effect to change its color size and shape. This makes it feel like we have more unique paint effects, when in reality there are only a few. This is going to save you time without compromising the originality of your work.
We move on by compositing all of our effects together and then we add a camera which we animate throughout the scene. We talk about some ways to get your camera's animation to feel much smoother than using the default keyframe interpolation types and how to troubleshoot when your camera movement is having issues.
1. Introduction and project overview
2. Using masking and effects to reveal our first image
3. Using subtractive masks to refine our text reveal
4. Using our masking technique to reveal our stars
5. Beginning the watercolor paint effect using masking
6. Creating a Luma Matte for a painterly reveal
7. Practicing our watercolor techniques with another image
8. Bringing our watercolor and write-on effects together to create a comp...
9. Retiming the watercolor effect to look more realistic
10. Adding and animating the Camera
11. Adding our headphone cord to our composition with our reveal technique...
12. Animating our camera to follow the cord reveal
13. Time-saving tips for reusing our watercolor effect for the cord
14. Creating a Luma Matte to reveal our headphones
15. Adding the headphones and watercolor effects to the Composition
16. Adding the watercolors to the headphones
17. Adding the paint splatters, drops, and finishing touches
Download File Size:990.51 MB